Following ‘Freedom Day’ on Monday 19th July, the health and safety of our employees and valued customers remains our top priority.
After listening to the feedback of our employees and customers, combined with the rising COVID-19 infection rates across the country and the government’s advice to act carefully, we feel that we have a duty of care to remain on the cautious side.
As a result, please note the below measures that are in place across our Truline fleet.
- Driver instruction is that face masks are to be worn at the point of delivery unless medically exempt.
- Entry to a recipient’s commercial building is allowed only if the recipient allows it and the driver deems it COVID safe to do so.
- If entry into the recipient’s commercial building is denied or the driver deems it unsafe to enter, the driver will agree on a mutual place to hand over the goods.
- The driver will not hand over his handheld signature device to any recipient to sign for their delivery to minimise contact.
- The driver, however, will sign for the delivery on the handheld device on behalf of the recipient.
- Within our Truline Hubs, staff will continue to wear face masks and maintain social distancing.
Truline will also continue the suspension of its desktop and in-room service until further notice.
We hope that by maintaining these safety measures, we will be able to continue to protect the wellbeing of our staff, customers and their families, as well as minimising any disruption to our service due to self-isolation.
We will continue to monitor and assess the situation and only relax these protocols once we feel it is safe to do so.
Service Update Reminder
Similar to all businesses around the country, we may potentially face a shortfall in staffing availability for both warehouse and transport roles over the next few weeks. This is a well-documented national problem that has been compounded in the past 18 months by Brexit, the coronavirus pandemic and a spike in demand for home deliveries, as well as further exacerbated by the impact of ‘Freedom day’ and high levels of self-isolation.
We are currently implementing plans to mitigate all potential impacts and disruptions to you and your business. This includes taking steps to secure additional full-time resource across our key operational functions and utilising the support of agency workers, which also comes at a significantly increased cost.
Please refer to the portal in the first instance, this will allow the customer experience team to concentrate on resolving your query as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with your VOW Wholesale contact, who is here to support you and your business.